- Genetic characterisation of plant varieties using a wide range of molecular markers.
- Genetic analyses to ensure the genetic traceability of plant species, varieties and products.
- Identification and genetic differentiation of novel kinds in preparation for registration or fraud cases.
- Development of markers for traits of interest (colour, taste or size of fruit, pathogen resistance, post-harvest life).
- Obtention of plant selection markers (MAS) in the development of plant breeding programmes.
- Consultaancy, planning, and execution of programmes to generate new plant varieties
- Breeding of new plant varieties by classical or genetic plant breeding
- Plant breeding programmes aided by molecular markers
- Agronomic, physiological and genetic characterisation of new varieties for registration and PBR protection
- Genetic screening of plant material for the identification of traits of interest from a physiological, biochemical, agronomic or genetic perspective
- Genomic research and analysis for the purpose of developing molecular markers or implementing plant breeding and differentiation.
- Obtaining complete plant genomes by Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Bioinformatics analyisis of plant genomes Genome assembly, annotation and comparative genomics analysis on plant varieties.
- Application of omics techniques: genomics, transcriptomics and metabolomics to plant breeding studies.
- Implementation of genotyping by sequencing (GBS) and genome-wide association study (GWAS) techniques.
- Gene expression analysis in species and varieties under biotic or abiotic stress conditions (application of RNAseq techniques).
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY RESEARCH
- Plant trials under controlled conditions (temperature, light and humidity).
- Assessment of the response of farmed plants to various environmental conditions (abiotic stresses).
- Quantification of plant response to different treatments (biostimulants, nutritional, etc.).
- PLANT PHENOTYPING
- Physiological characterisation, metabolomics, transcriptomics and agronomic traits
- ANALYSIS OF TRANSGENIC CONTENT
- Detection of the presence of transgenic material in plants, fruit, roots, feed, etc.
Localización y contacto
Parc Científic Universitat de València, C/ Catedrático Agustín Escardino - 9, 46980 Paterna (Valencia)
Centralita: +34 960 059 146
Comercial: +34 657 075 127